Sunday, August 20, 2023

A lovely setting for a birthday celebration...59º

 An early wakeup time for me yesterday, I lay there thinking, I could stay in bed all day if I wanted to, but that's not my nature...I did waste a couple of hours doing puzzles on the laptop, before I did my blog, then started a batch of bread, prepped everything for a big batch of Chili Enchiladas, harvested zucchini and my first 2 Patty Pan squash from the garden...Back in the house, I divided yesterday's zucchini cake into portions to freeze or give away, then got busy rolling enchiladas into 2 pans, one for Becky and John (Becky had knee surgery, so is on crutches, also on an ice machine periodically throughout the day) and one for Rusty and I for today or tomorrow.

Some where between enchiladas and cake I mixed and kneaded the bread and it is now lifting the lid off of the bowl and saying, "I knead your attention." Three round loaves and 6 large buns, now doing their final proof.

It is somewhere around noon now and I decide to take a break, also need to text my friend Lesley, because she has been absent from my FB page for at least two months...I find out that her daughter has been in and out of the hospital, her husband has health problems and her little dog isn't in very good shape...She sounded totally overwhelmed!

A Birthday party was also on my calendar yesterday, so while the bread bakes, I clean up the kitchen, then while it cools I take a much needed shower...I baked the bread for a reason, one loaf to Sandy in thanks for the cucumbers (or trade), one loaf for the Birthday Girl and now a loaf for my friend Lesley...Oh and buns for John and Becky and Me and Rusty!...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

PS...Join me tomorrow to hear all about the birthday party.

These will easily hold
 a 1/2 pound of beef
or make a great BLT

1 1/2 pound loaves

No comments:

Post a Comment