Thursday, August 24, 2023

Warming Trend...50º

 I know 50º doesn't sound very warm, but the sun is full on bright coming in our front window and the day will warm up considerably...Maybe we will have at least a week or two of growing weather for the garden...It is not uncommon to get a killing frost, the first part of September...Rain for the past three days was very welcome, and made everything clean and green.

I had an easy day yesterday, first a massage, then to the grocery store, but shelves were bare and  employees were scarce and I was hungry...So I decided to come back another day...I bought a deli chicken and went to Rusty's house (Rusty is off on another horse back/packing trip to Reds Horse Ranch) and ate chicken for lunch.

On my way home, I decided to stop and visit an old friend, from many years ago...We boated together, shopped for antiques and many other fun things, then both got full time jobs and our lives took different turns, but we still visited and kept in touch...Joanne lost her husband last November and I knew we needed to reconnect...We had a very nice 2 hour visit catching up, and promised to make it happen again.

All in all, it was a very relaxing day...Now I should get dressed and moving, because Rusty will be here soon and give me a bad time about what I didn't do yesterday...He is such a slave driver...(just kidding) ...Love and Hugs to all...OWAV:)

Joe Pie Weed, 
one of my favorite plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment