Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Garlic Time...60º

 Monday morning found Rusty and I in the garlic patch...I got to pull 200 plants, lay them out in 10 to a bundle, luckily they pulled easy, and were very clean...That was the easiest job for me and Rusty, then tied them and hung them to dry in under the lean-to...They will dry for about 3 weeks before we clean them up, cutting off all the dried stems, place in flat boxes to cure more before we break apart, peel, slice, dry and grind into powder.

Tuesday, we left early looking for the elusive huckleberry, we had a nice drive out Day Ridge, only saw a few berries...It is extremely dry, but we explored new country for both of us...Back home I went to my balance class, then home to reset sprinklers, fixed a light dinner (to hot to really want much to eat)...We were both ready for an early bedtime...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

Almost done.

Ready to hang

Done for another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment