Sunday, September 3, 2023

It Was a Good Day...55º

 When you fall into bed at night and don't remember your head hitting the pillow, it's been a good day!

The aroma of freshly baked rolls filled the house most of the day...I started the first batch early, called it crusty rolls, because it had bread flour, whole wheat, cracked wheat, flax meal, yeast, a bit of salt and molasses to give it more color and just a taste of sweet...It is somewhat healthy. 

Then I forgot about healthy and went to decadent...Flour, eggs, butter, sugar/honey, salt, yeast, a dough so soft, when it comes out of the oven, it almost floats from the pan into your mouth... Add real butter and on the second or third one, homemade jam is a good addition...My kids have always called these "Gramma's Rolls," and insisted that I need to keep practicing to get them perfect.

Rusty poured the wine, we sat on the deck, ate another roll and called it dinner...Yes, it was a good day...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

PS...I posted all the roll photos yesterday, below I have violets in the carrot patch...Mom called them "Johnny Jump Ups", yes, they jump up in the most unlikely spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment