Thursday, September 21, 2023

Wrapping up the Getaway....40º Rainy

 After being home for 5 days, i'm finally settled back in, not feeling sleep deprived and getting the last of the canning done...4 quarts of pears yesterday, 5/6 quarts of peaches today, and tomorrow I will finish up with the sweet pickles...I'm back on schedule with balance class on Tuesday and a massage yesterday, it felt so good!..Rain is in the forecast this morning, cloudy the rest of the week...Rusty gets home tonight after an overnight pack trip with John and this weekend we will probably be harvesting potatoes and planting next years garlic crop...While I was gone last week, Rusty thatched both lawns and fertilized them, so this rain is coming at a perfect time, as we get ready for winter.

Sunday morning in Boise, found "the girls" busy packing, and returning everything to its proper place in the vacation rental...Dishwasher loaded, a load of towels in the washing machine, (as the rental company requested), everyones bags loaded into vehicles, hugs and thank you's all around, we were ready to return home.

Sue and I made one last stop at Winco for groceries that we don't readily find in La Grande...Again we talked nonstop for 3 hours...I did a bit of leisurely shopping at the non crowded Bimart and Grocery Outlet, before leaving La Grande...All in all, the trip had been a wonderful time for me, since they did all the planning and I just joined in, to do whatever I wanted to do...I enjoyed getting to know Paula and Amy, a bit more, since by the time they were born, I was married and lived in Utah...My thanks to all for including me in their "Sisters Getaway." Hugs To Everyone...OWAV:)

PS...Now for the last photos:

Fondu, the last supper.

Paula and Amy starting the craft.

Sunflower wreaths to decorate 
our homes for fall.

1 comment: