Friday, September 8, 2023

Roasting Tomatoes 101...49º

 I arrived home from balance class to the wonderful aroma of roasting tomatoes...Every fall for many years now, tomatoes are roasted and frozen for winter meals of spaghetti, pizza, tomato soup and more...We brought home 200# of tomatoes from Walla Walla...Some for other people, some to roast and others to make into tomato sandwiches and BLT's...This is the time of year to eat all kinds of fresh fruit and fresh veggies to last you for a year and then we do it all over again.

This morning more tomatoes will go in the oven, and while they roast, I will peel pears for jarring...I'm trying something new this year, the pears and maybe peaches will be jarred using the grape juice that Rusty and I juiced just a few days ago...Thus I won't be adding sugar to the newly jarred fruit and this winter we will have fruit to eat and juice to drink, no sugar added...Hope it works...No time to waste, I must get busy...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Tomatoes covered with
fresh basil, and garlic
ready for the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment