Saturday, April 16, 2011

OWAV:)...04/16/11...37°...Rain overnight...Birds singing

I talked to both kids yesterday, some concern about my cold, but mostly "You didn't do your blog today".  I love it!!  To think they are actually interested in something I write or are they just being nice?  They both liked hearing about " My life with their Gramma and her remedies".

I miss the old barn.  The skeleton of the new modern three car garage, with shop, is going up in its place.  Now I can view the mountain tops, over the the bare 2x6's.  The concrete floor was poured, on the only good weather day of this week.  I wonder if they will have a dance when the garage is completed.  I know that I will get use to it, in time, like my Dad alway said, "You will get use to hanging, if you hang long enough."

I fixed a yummy "mustgo" soup yesterday.  I mixed leftovers from the lamb shanks and spaghetti, from last weeks meals, added corn and broth from the freezer, and at the very last, I added chopped cabbage and greens, simmered a little.  Then stirred in some cream to blend and soften, all the flavors.  It was served with our favorite cornbread, and honey butter.  Herb and I eat more soup than we ever have before, it is easy and good and I can get lots of veggies in it.

Herb just brought me a note pad and the grocery ads to make a list.  He is on his way to Enterprise and will get groceries while there.  Now I have to THINK.  What are we having for meals over the weekend and what do I need from the store.  I think i've played this cold for all the rest and relaxation I can get out of it, and now must get back to the reality and drudgery of everyday life.  Also  It seems that the "writing well" has dried up on this day.  Another day on Barton Heights, OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment