Sunday, April 17, 2011

OWAV:)...04/17/11...4am...34°...Cloudy

Up early but feel rested, with head clearer than it has been.  Maybe totally dried out from the decongestants.  Another cloudy, gloomy day, although yesterday started out with some sunshine and morning temperatures in the fifties.  Herb worked at trimming the apple tree and I checked out the garlic (doing nicely, but could use some sun).  Also looked over flowerbeds to see if the new transplants are starting to sprout, since I've never been able to make myself, make a master plan, it is always fun to figure out what I planted where.


Marigolds from seed
Broadcast last spring for fall bloom
Back in the house I started looking for the seeds that I harvested last fall.  My plan is to get some started in a small greenhouse so they are ready to go in the ground in late may.  After much searching I finally found all the seed stashes and will start planting this morning.  While I have the seeds out, I will also broadcast some outside, as that is sometimes where my best flowerbeds come from.  It is fun to mix a potpourri of seeds into about two quarts of sand and then scatter all of this willy-nilly in every flower bed and see what grows.  Most of the time it is amazing, what mother nature comes up with.

Yesterday I also talked to all three of my sisters.  Don't usually do this all in one day, but Loraine had a birthday on April 6th, tornadoes have been coming very close to Barbara's house in Oklahoma and Mona, usually the one that keeps in touch, has been unusually quiet for the past month.  I find all of them, sounding good, especially good for the ages we have attained.  Loraine is 84, Barbara will soon be 82 and Mona is 73, I think this is correct.  I've always been the young one, but all at once I seem to have gotten old also. How could that happen?? 

Our of the mouths of babes.  While talking to Barbara, computers came into our conversation and she related this story.  While visiting one day, her neighbor ask if she had a computer, Barbara replied "Heavens, no, I probably wouldn't even know how to plug one in."  The neighbors six year old son overhearing this remark quickly replied "But Mrs. Stephens, you know that thing in the wall where you plug the vacuum cleaner, you just plug the computer in there."  How simple is that?

Must get a shower and start the day, Herb is going to BBQ us a steak for dinner, I will add a baked potato and green salad.  Life on Barton Heights for another day. Love to all OWAV:)


1 comment:

  1. wish i knew what OWAV means. let's catch up in person in may after imnaha. maybe you and kathy and i can have a dinner together in your lovely backyard!

    ReplyDelete