Saturday, April 23, 2011

OWAV:)...04/23/11...6am...32°...☀..☺

My day is wasting, kind of like my night!!  No more "triple shot mocha's" for me.  Gwen informed me yesterday as she started to make my tall mocha that they put triple shots of espresso in them, was that okay?  I said sure, why not it was only 10:30am.  What was I thinking????

Yesterday, as planned, Pat arrived at 9am ready to rock and roll.  We joined a huge crowd at Cloverleaf Hall in Enterprise for the annual Lions Club yard sale and silent auction.  Shopped for about an hour, both of us buying a few things, nothing really spectacular.  They have an immense amount of junk there, as people donate boxes full of "stuff" and sorting is minimal.  After the initial rush, the crowd thinned out and we made one more pass through. Made a side trip to Safeway and on to Joseph and "Arrowhead Chocolates".   Drinking and talking for the next hour or so we caught up on news of the past two months.  Then to my house for a brief tour of my "awakening" garden and on with the day.  Pat is in the process of planning her garden, at their Wallowa Lake home.

I didn't feel particularly energetic, talked to Bobi about her upcoming craft bazaar, happening today, and then got on the subject of "Angry Birds" and the golden eggs...then I spent several hours researching that on the Internet, copied some directions...took time out to make a meatloaf, potatoes and onions...stuck it all in the oven...and went after the golden eggs that I have left to solve...Finished reading "The Blind Assassin" finally...will have to have my friend Kathy explain some of the plot as it was beyond me.  It was an interesting read.

Passed my bedtime, at 10:30pm I went to bed... where I lay wide eyed... heart pounding...taking deep slow breaths...thinking only good thoughts...got up at 12 midnight...took pills...ate crackers...killed pigs...back to bed at 2am...deep breathing again...good thoughts...awake at 6am....NEVER AGAIN will I have a triple shot!!

Remembering a day forty nine years ago...ME...a scared nineteen year old...was about to experience an event that would change my life forever...It was Monday, the day after Easter, April 23rd, 1962...about 2:15pm our daughter Barbara Jo Allen was born...In the "olden" days, childbirth was not discussed...except in whispers..birthing classes were not held...tests were not run...the sex of the baby was unknown, until such baby appeared...for the past nine months I had told myself...other women have done this...and I will also......arrived at the hospital 12:30...driven by my sister-in-law...Herb was at work...fathers were only in attendance to fertilize the egg in those days...in labor for only two hours...baby girl was delivered...whisked away to the nursery so Mom could rest...bonding was unheard of...stayed in the hospital for five to seven days...then home...to begin a new life...Its been a good life, thank you Babe, we were so lucky to get you for our first born...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment