Wednesday, May 4, 2011

OWAV:)...05/04/11...5:30am...33°...Sunshine

1st daffodil bouquet 2011
Looks like one of those perfect May days in Wallowa County...60° is the forecast high for today.. I was pleasantly surprise yesterday to see a few seeds sprouting in the little greenhouse...It has been up for two weeks now with both a light and heating pad going almost full time, some days when the sun shines, I turn them off for a few hours...It will be interesting to see what they do in the three weeks left, before they can go into the ground...

Write group yesterday was interesting as always, five of us regulars and a guest, Martha, from California, but who grew up in Elgin OR...I read my reunion piece and Martha who graduated in '59 could relate to the "dress code"...difference being that living close to the pendleton woolen mills, her mother bought wool fabric and made her clothes like the ones that were so popular back then...She agreed that you weren't "anybody" without the right clothing...sad but true...Kathy brought a dozen eggs in exchange for a jar of dill pickles.

I arrived home from write group to the smell of pork roast that was cooking in a slow oven...dinner was so good...Rusty called late afternoon, to tell us he was BBQing lobster tail and steak for their dinner...will be in Maryland for another two weeks at least...most of it on waiting time...at least getting paid but quite boring...

Yesterday I finished the book "An Incomplete Revenge" by Jacqueline Winspear...She weaves a wonderful story and keeps you guessing until the end...I even resisted reading ahead because sometimes I just have to know what is going to happen...Herb picked up three of the books on my list from the library yesterday including "Committed" our pick for book group this month...started it this morning...

Friend Wendy stopped by with a bar of kitchen soap, made using lots of herbs including some from my garden...the is a new soap so she wants feedback about texture, smell etc...  We made a deal to trade pickles for soap...a jar for a bar...great for me as I usually give my pickles away...Had another visitor, neighbor Dave, whose chickens love to come to our house and scratch and eat out of our yard...something about the grass being greener... Anyway he came bringing us a dozen eggs...now we have lots of eggs so will be eating hard boiled eggs, deviled eggs, omelets, maybe custard...I'm thinking about going for a walk...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment