Friday, May 6, 2011

OWAV:)...05/06/11...4:30am...36°...PC

Looks like a good day to go to LaGrande...have a long list including, eye doctor, chiropractor, grocery outlet, bimart, book store, health food store and dinner...Oh maybe a yard sale or two.

Had a productive day yesterday...fixed spaghetti sauce to simmer in the oven while I was outside...started with my usual walk-around checking things out...the warm days are really bringing out the daffodil blooms...construction workers must have read my blog from yesterday or else their radio broke!!☺..Peace and quiet all day, except for the saw as they started putting siding on the new garage...roofing is done...I started pruning the apricot tree...had to get Herb to help as the ladder was on a tippy place and I needed to climb higher...then I moved on to the lilacs lower to the ground and easier...worked and rested, worked and rested...cleaned up my mess...about 1pm I came in to fix dinner..

Climbing the ladder brings back the memory of doing mom's yard work for her and pruning the apple tree...She was close to ninety...I was only fifty five, but had no balance...I was on the ladder with the lopers and hand pruners...she was holding the ladder...we did just fine unless one of us had a "giggling fit"...never did fall off of the ladder!

Must get dressed and ready to go to LaGrande...Herb has the dishwasher emptied and will soon have our customary piece of toast fixed for a quick breakfast before we leave...should be able to get our grocery outlet shopping done early before the crowd arrives...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment