Tuesday, May 24, 2011

OWAV:)...05/24/11...6am...39°...Rain

I have write group today and not much to write about...the gloomy days and unceasing rain are getting to everyone...keep reminding ourselves that we are lucky, after looking at the photos of Joplin, Missouri...116 people dead and the town nearly demolished...a chance of more tornadoes...I am thankful for where I live, but it is hard not to think that June is almost here and the days start getting shorter on June 22nd...then we start back the other way...we need sunshine, warm evenings, days spent on the deck, in the warm outside air...spring has been nonexistent and summer can be short...Line from a childhood poem..."Rain, rain go away, come again some other day."

Herb is stirring in his chair, must be time for breakfast.

I enjoyed memoir class and learned from it...I do feel overwhelmed with all the work I should do, editing, revision, or rewriting to make my stories more enjoyable for the reader...I tell myself to take baby steps, one sentence at a time, then a paragraph and stop thinking of the entire project...I want a quick fix, twitch my nose, and it is done...only happens on television.

Guess I better go eat...maybe with a refueling my mind will function better...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment