Sunday, May 15, 2011

OWAV:)...05/15/11...6am...44°...Cloudy

I have a busy day ahead...the house needs another cleaning for book group tomorrow...A dessert has to be made...I have a five page story to write by Monday night...think of some thing for dinner.

The weather isn't cooperating so we can sit outside for book group...a real "frog strangler" went through last night...thunder boomed, lightning flashed and rain flooded the road in front of our house... Now I understand why they had flood warnings posted for both the Grande Rhonde and the Imnaha rivers in Wallowa County...It may continue through Tuesday...meaning it is not over yet...My poor daffodils took a beating...They were at their most beautiful yesterday and I'm so glad I brought a huge bouquet into the house to enjoy...

Pam and her friend and hiking partner Michelle Baird stopped in yesterday to view the garden and get starts...It was perfect weather...warm but not hot...ground was still nice and moist...with shovel and plastic bags in hand we made our way around the garden, digging and bagging sedum, meadow rue, ladies mantle, bleeding heart, lamium, pasque, etc. etc.  I don't envy them, their job of planting all the starts they took home...It is fun showing people around...imparting some of the knowledge I have gained over the past twenty years...Not an expert by any means...I love sharing plants and ideas about gardening.

Time yesterday was spent planting new starts of sage and rudbeckia, brought from the nursery...digging weeds and always rearranging plants in my mind, so they add color or texture in another spot...On with my day...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment