Wednesday, May 11, 2011

OWAV:)...05/11/11...7am...45°...Sunshine...☼☼☼

What a glorious morning!!!slept later than usual this morning...so sitting here in the sun thinking I have to start moving...go to Fishtrap this morning and help with a mailing... staying only two hours, do a little shopping...then home to transplant bedding plants into larger pots and get them in the greenhouse...long range forecast is still pretty iffy but at least it looks like the temps are going to be a little warmer...

Yesterday we had fun with the writers group here for our usual sharing of stories...I had fixed clam chowder, salad, iffy lemon dessert (they said it was good)...Kathy brought quiche so we had a very nice lunch...sent Kathy home with daffodils for herself and some for Chris, our writer friend, who is in the nursing home...Kathy goes in for shoulder surgery next monday and will be in for a long recovery...She broke both shoulders last winter and has been through "Hell" with therapy, not doing much good...Now she will have a titanium shoulder...

I sat on the deck, reading and soaking in the sun, while Herb finished mowing lawns... chatted with Bob for a short time, then Becky and Tate arrived for a visit...Haven't seen Becky since she got home and she starts to work on Monday...Sent her home with some of the lemon dessert and a bouquet of daffodils.

Katey, memoir teacher and friend from the Imnaha retreat is coming tomorrow for tea and a tour of the garden...she is a writer and teacher...trying to get her first book published... full of ideas...very driven to succeed...in her early thirties...should be fun...Has a new boy friend...I thought he was a cowboy...but now I think not...maybe I will find out more...

I have to come up with a birthday gift for tomorrow nights Sorority birthday party...am about to finish the book "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks"...it was good but got kind of "drug" down in the middle...Will start on "Girl Who Fell From the Sky" tonight.

Jane told Bill that I liked the barn better and I replied..."She ask what I thought about the building going on" and I said, "I liked the Barn"...not more not less...Have a sunny day... OWAV:)

1 comment:

  1. you're hilarious. i'll send you pictures right now before i come to your house!

    ReplyDelete