Friday, December 16, 2011

"Focus"...23º--35º

Have had trouble maintaining focus the last two days...Rusty arrived on Wednesday, returning Herb's truck and ready to spend a couple of weeks in Wallowa County...He will split his time with us in the house he grew up in and some days with John and Becky at Jim Creek as a Forest Service volunteer...On these trips they do maintenance on buildings,   as well as salting the horses, that range there in the winter months...A working trip but also a mini vacation.

Arriving also on Wednesday, coming via a circuitous route from China, was an ipad 2... The latest and greatest innovation by Apple...I didn't need this (does anyone?) but just thought I had to have it...Good thing I have built-in tech support (Bobi) because the ipad is like learning a foreign language...Bob's instructions:  "Mom download and read the manual".  "Okay Dear"...Eyes glazed over after the first page, so I print the first three pages so I have a hard copy to refer to...Only problem there are 140 pages in the online manual...I was lucky when the package arrived, I was ichatting with Bob and she guided me through finding the on button and setting up the basics...She repeated, "Read the manual"...So last night with ipad in one hand, laptop turned on with the downloaded manual in full view I prepared to read the manual, and follow the instructions...I managed to get through a few more pages and placed an icon for both facebook (me) and weather (Herb) on the ipad...At this rate it will take me well over a month to peruse the manual, maybe some of it will sink into my thick head...Good thing--it keeps my brain active!

Mini bouquet 
Yesterday I tweaked our Christmas letter, Herb had a crown prep at the dentist and Rusty repacked stuff to go to Jim Creek...Last night, for dinner, we had fresh oysters...I breaded and Rusty fried, OH what a feast...The three of us polished off four jars of oysters, along with salad, and warm bread.

Winter bloom in the house, Angel Wing Begonia is in full bloom to add a little cheer to our house on foggy winter days.. Hugs....  OWAV:)

1 comment: