Saturday, December 31, 2011

Snow...17º

It finally did as promised...Rain turned to snow, wind blowing, it was a whiteout...Snowed all of 2 inches...Late evening I bundled up, grabbed a broom and swept the front sidewalk, then shoveled the back steps and some of the deck...Gave me a little workout and I enjoyed getting out in the fresh cold air...Looking up the moon was making its way around and through the clouds, stars peeked out, twinkling their little song...Hum along---

Yesterday I sorted...Found a box from our trip in 1995...We had both retired within the past year...We drove across the US...Destination New York and Herbs class reunion, only one he attended...A larger part of the trip was spent visiting his cousins near Poughkeepsie New York and touring the countryside...Giving me a glimpse of the incredible fall colors, Adirondack Mountains, Lake Placid and many other sites he had visited as a child...We spend a month on the road, going and coming...Stopped at the Black Hill's in South Dakota, Hershey Pennsylvania, Amish Country, New Jersey's Atlantic shore...Visited with my sister and husband in Oklahoma, toured the Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico, drove to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and through the Canyon Lands of Utah...Part of the trip we camped at state and national campgrounds and occasionally stayed in motels...In the box of memorabilia, I had saved all the credit card receipts...Motels cost about $40.00 a night, $25.00 filled the gas tank...It was fun reliving the trip and I know that I have a daily log of this trip stashed somewhere...One question, any ideas on what to do with the approximately 50 postcards that I purchased and never sent?

Take care, have a safe New Years Eve..... Hugs to all... OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment