Monday, December 12, 2011

list, Day 2...23º--30º

I made some progress on my list yesterday...Cooked the second batches of fondant and fudge...Today I will form and dip the fondant, fix a box to send to Portland, so our family there can think of us as they savor each bite...My chocolate making has scaled down to two or three batches a year...Some years ago I made "many" batches, (lemon, orange, butter rum, berry flavored, and turtles) and generously gave them away and ate way more than my share...Several years I gave classes, first in the home-ec room at school, then at "Antons Home and Hearth" in Joseph...It was fun showing other people how much I enjoyed the miracle of cooking sugar, cream and butter to a certain point, pouring the hot, thin liquid onto a marble slab and a couple of hours later, after much stirring, it turned into a creamy, soft and delicious confection...After forty years of practicing this art, I am still amazed when it happens!

Spent some time on the computer and telephone with Pat trying to start a video chat with her...She has a portable camera and I could call her but she couldn't connect...After several tries and no success, we gave up, but we laughed a lot as is usual when we are together whether it be in person or long distance.

John and Tate joined us for dinner last night...I must say that Tate has grown up...No longer the cute little puppy that launched himself into my lap at every opportunity...He has filled out in the last few months to become a well muscled working dog...He is still lovable and sweet and it takes all of the control both of us can muster to keep him from again jumping into my lap.

Must get on with my day, Herb has an appointment this morning for his annual blood work at the clinic in Enterprise...So he has suffered with-drawls as I drink and savor my coffee, while he has none....Enjoy your day, hugs to all...  OWAV:)



No comments:

Post a Comment