Wednesday, December 12, 2012

3am morning...37º

Up early this morning, scrabble done, text with Pat, coffee cup empty...News on Google about a shooting in Clackamas Town Center Mall in Portland yesterday afternoon...Three dead including the gunman...My mind has a hard time getting around a scene like this...I know it can happen in any town, any public place but when my family is so close to it---it boggles my mind.

I'm reading this morning--two books--"A Tree Grows in Brooklyn", an old book written in the forties, narrated by a little girl coming of age and their daily life in a hand to mouth existence...Alway looking for a way to make a penny to add to the family coffers, always hungry...I read it many years ago, probably didn't really sink in then, now it makes me humble and thankful for what I have and ashamed that even I think I need more!..What happened to my thoughts of getting rid of stuff.

The other book is "The Best Care Possible", a new book written by a doctor, about Hospice and Palliative care...End of life issues for anyone young or old, with a terminal illness and helping the patient and the family make educated decisions (during a highly emotional time) about quality of life and when to accept death as part of the natural process....Hugs To All...OWAV:)



No comments:

Post a Comment