Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sunday Morn...20º

 Temperatures about the same today with more promise of sunshine...The fog lifted yesterday and the sun poked through for a short time...Long enough for me to make two laps on the track, then return home to heat soup and make salad for our dinner.

Our meals are much simpler than they used to be when we had three meals a day...Now we are happy with hot or cold cereal or toast and jam for breakfast, (occasionally Herb will make bacon, eggs and toast)...Soup, salad and bread for our dinners (at about 2pm) and some kind of snack in the evening like fruit and toast or fruit and cottage cheese or I will eat leftovers from dinner...About three times a week we have a full dinner such as roast beef or chicken with potatoes and gravy or spaghetti with meat sauce and a salad...Then I use the leftovers for other dinners of hot sandwiches, or add the meat to veggies for a stir fry...This is much simpler than starting each day from scratch.

This afternoon Becky and John and maybe Pam are coming for dinner and I'm fixing my version of enchiladas...I brown some ground beef with onions and garlic, add canned deer meat (shredded) then lots of chili powder and cumin, some roasted tomatoes and simmer..place a heaping serving spoonful of  this in the center of a softened corn tortilla, top with cheese and onions...Roll it up and cover it with heated home canned chili, top with more cheese and onions...Nuke for about 1 minute, spoon on sour cream and sprinkle with chopped onions, peppers and olives...Serving several people as I will today I put the filled plates in the oven until all are ready then just like the Mexican restaurants I hand them out saying "hot plate, hot plate"....Will make a huge green salad and not sure what dessert will be....Maybe we will try some more of my IPA....Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment