Monday, December 17, 2012

Copy and Play...38º

I'm a great copy cat and Bobi gave me the idea with her edible candy bowls/dishes featured on her blog...Herb made a trip to the local grocery store and came home with hard, round, mint candies...I googled and found more photos, hints, failures (some turned out to be a work of art)...So I plunged in, arranged the candies on the cookie sheet and into the oven...Watched closely and in less than an hour total had my own edible candy dish...(If only I liked hard candy, which I don't!) No problem it can be used for my upcoming "groups" to share my homemade candies...

Looks flat but it is curved up on the sides.

Yesterday I visited Margaret in the hospital...Freshly showered she was feeling better and we had a good visit...A quick trip to Safeway and the candy aisle, I came home with Jolly Ranchers and candy canes...Made a small dish before it was time for the afternoon concert.


I like this one
Pam and I arrive at the concert, most of the chairs taken so we headed for the balcony and settled in...Not the best seats to see but we were there to listen and the acoustics are oh so good...For the next two hours we listened to Brass, Violin, Piano, Ukulele, Dulcimer and Voices...Traditional, Rockabilly, Blues and Fun Family Christmas music...The time sped by.

We arrived home in time to have a glass of wine and experiment more with the Jolly Ranchers...We opted for a round dish and left more space between candies...I left it in the oven longer so everything melted together but the end result gave us a thin, fragile dish...Beautiful but not practical...In fact a chunk broke out of the left side as I moved it around...It was a fun afternoon, good visit and Pam can be found at Safeway today checking out the candy aisle...This might be a fun project with Grandchildren.


OOPS


No comments:

Post a Comment