Friday, December 7, 2012

Sure its gonna snow...35º

It is December...The temperature is just right, weather alert on since 4pm yesterday---6 to 8 inches they say...A little flurry after dark last night so I went to bed with visions of the white fluffy stuff piling up while I slept...woke up this morning to some blue sky and lots of frost...I know that I should be careful what I wish for but--Our kids are not on the roads, Herb has the 4-wheeler chained up, snowplow in place, we are tucked safely in on Barton Heights, have enough food stashed away to feed a small army and I love to watch a good old fashioned snow storm.

I reminisce back to the days when Herb and I learned to downhill ski, both of us over forty...every weekend found us night skiing at Spout Springs or making the longer trip for a day at Anthony Lakes...Then Fergi took shape only 10 miles from our house, inexpensive and fun...We drove there knowing that it would be an exhilarating day spent with friends on Hayes' Maze or "The Face" or in the lodge warming up by the barrel stove and devouring our lunch before we hit the slopes for the afternoon...Returned home long after the sun had set, happily exhausted and couldn't wait for the next day or weekend to do it all over again...I'm so glad I have those memories!

Now I would be content to sit inside by the window and watch the snow pile up, maybe sweep the sidewalks while Herb roars around on the 4-wheeler plowing driveways for the neighbors...Will it happen today?..Join me tomorrow and I will give you an update....Hugs To All...OWAV:)

PS...Pat reported in from sunny California, temperature 80º, low humidity, fragrant roses blooming, green grass, a lovely home and spending time with her sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment