Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Double Whammy...48º

It must have been about 3pm on Sunday when I needed a pick-me-up...Friends were coming for dinner and I was tired from the day before...Standing with the refrigerator door open like a teenager saying "Mom isn't there anything in this house to eat?" I spotted the coffee that Herb had saved that morning...Black and strong, just what I needed...I filled a tall glass with ice, added agave syrup, cream and poured in the coffee...I should have known better...Caffeine after noon and Della are not a good combination...But it tasted so yummy, I didn't even think...So I finished the making dinner, everything cooking in the oven along with a chocolate zucchini cake with lots of dark chocolate frosting...We enjoyed a fun evening with friends.

I stayed up until after 10pm, chocolate cake and ice-cream sitting heavy on my stomach...Finally in bed, visions of the day unfolded as I recounted how good the flower beds were starting to look, moving plants around in my head, thinking I needed more color here or some of those purple asters would really look good next to the orange rudbeckia...What could I possibly put in that hole where I dug the hosta that I shared with Becky...I turned over and looked at the clock...12am...Okay eyes closed, deep breaths, count slowly, think only good thoughts, my mind wanders to this weeks agenda, more yard work, We 3 meeting on Barton Heights next week, company coming later this month so the kitchen carpet needs to be cleaned...second batch of  sauerkraut has an off odor, I think it must be thrown away...My mind is like a news reel, continually playing over and over until I look at the clock one more time...2am.

A restless sleep finally came with Monday morning right on its heels...I pushed myself all morning doing some of the things from the night-time list seeing just what I could accomplish and promised myself no more iced mocha's + chocolate cake after 12pm...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment