Sunday, September 22, 2013

Musical and More...45º

Early morning I started a loaf of sourdough bread using a different technique...The dough was supposed to be wet, rough and shaggy (what ever that means)...I heated two cups of water to the boiling point in the microwave making a moist warm place for the dough to rise, set bowl and dough along side the hot water and left it for about 2 hours...Heated dutch oven (in the oven) as the oven came up to 450º temperature then gently nudged and rolled the swollen dough into the hot dutch oven, covered it with the lid, closed the oven door and timed it for 30 minutes...Opened the oven door, carefully lifted the lid...A rustic loaf of bread, nicely browned peeked back at me...It needed another 10 minutes with the lid off to finish the baking...Hot and crusty it cooled on a rack...Herb got the first slice slathered with butter as I headed out the door for Elgin and the musical Shrek...Not bad for the first try but I want a loaf with holes in it, not quite so dense.



While the bread dough was rising, hidden away inside the microwave I stirred up the dust , using the trusty swifter I waged war on dust and cobwebs...Resorted to the vacuum as I cleaned light shades and window sills...Always wonder how much dust I get rid of and how much settles back into place.

I finished just in time to change clothes before meeting Becky, Pam and 3 grandchildren for an afternoons enjoyment...We settled into our balcony seats at the Elgin Opera House and for the next 21/2 hours we were transported into the enchanted world of Shrek...Set design and costumes were amazing as well as the singing, dancing and acting of the cast.

Back home I chatted with Bobi about Ci's water polo tournament of the last two days...The girls came up with a win and some much improved playing...Tired but happy they were back home and ready for an early bedtime...Way to go Beavers!

Congratulations are in store for Becky...She received word on Friday that she was successful in her first attempt to pass the bar exam!...Now the real journey begins...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment