Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Window Washing...44º

My morning was fairly productive as I gathered tools to wash windows...A sponge mop for cleaning and squeegees for the final step...Many years ago while we were on a trip back east for my one and only look at the fall colors that the east is known for, I watched a window cleaner in one of the huge rest stops...He applied a sudsy liquid with a sponge and squeegeed it off...That's all there was to it, no spraying then wiping in circles trying to come up with a streak free window...That has been almost 20 years ago now and it is the only way I wash windows, not to say that they don't have a streak or two but compared to the old method they are so clean it is possible to walk through them (not recommended though)...I use this method both inside and out, I have a bottle of window washing "stuff" that was sold right next to the squeegees ( a few drops in a pan of water) and lots of rags to wipe the squeegee and the window sills...I was merrily scrubbing with the mop and squeegeeing away when Herb said, "It is 11:40." So I thought to myself, What does that have to do with anything? When it dawned on me that I was due at the Josephy Center at 12pm to do my volunteer stint for the afternoon....Oops!

Thanks to him I made it to the JC on time and when I arrived Cheryl, new director, said, "Would you mind vacuuming, or are you able to do that?..It is really a mess after our opening on Saturday night."...Hmmm :(... I smiled and said, "Well, yes with the "lite weight" vacuum that Pat and I found at a yard sale I can do that...After vacuuming, I looked in the kitchen to find the dishwasher full of clean dishes, garbage cans overflowing----Spent the rest of the afternoon in cleaning mode, also greeted 15 guests and still had time to catch up on my scrabble games.

I arrived home to the smell of chicken cooking (Herb to the rescue again), I sliced tomatoes and patty pans, warmed a roll, Herb poured wine and I put dinner on the table...Window washing will get finished another day...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment