Friday, September 20, 2013

Shampoos...40º

With spots on the dining area carpet and not wanting to call the professionals to do the cleaning I arrived early at Joseph Hardware to rent a carpet cleaning machine...I was soon back home where Herb waited in great anticipation, because he loves running machines...He read the directions, we added water and cleaning agent, (Vroom-Vroom) less than 4 hours later he had not only done the kitchen and hallway but upstairs bedrooms as well...I did the easy part, directing and holding the heavy cord out of the way of the machine...He built a fire downstairs, we set up fans and opened windows and doors to speed the drying...While I was returning the machine, another machine called his attention and he spent time on the 4-wheeler dragging a harrow over our pasture...The temperature climbed into the 70's, we heated a bowl of chowder for lunch and late afternoon we joined a small crowd for the last Farmers Market and concert of the season in Enterprise...We planned to go to the Range Rider for tacos after the concert but parking places were scarce and decided we didn't want to join the noisy crowd...So home to our house with clean carpets, we dined on cottage cheese and pears, much better for us than greasy tacos and beer!

Notice my title says shampoos--That brings me to an entirely different subject...A few months ago my "good friend" look at me quizzically and said, "Della, your hair has a shade of green to it." Grrrr...What was causing this, recently I had changed to a special shampoo ($15.00 for a small bottle) that seemed to be working well to keep my hair from drying out but it also left it with no body...So I had been adding mousse to give it some lift...Evidently this was the culprit...I googled "homemade mousse" they all looked too complicated but while I was looking "shampoo with baking soda" caught my eye...For the last month I have shampooed with baking soda and given my hair a vinegar rinse...Costs pennies and gives my hair added body...Now I anxiously await my friends return for her honest opinion as to the color of my hair!

Herb is moving a little slow this morning but I'm sure he will limber up and by tomorrow he will be back on a machine as it is lawn mowing time again....Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment