Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Fall Days...32º

The beautiful colors are all but gone and now fall is beginning to look bleak...My least favorite time of the year...Black and white is what I see...The time of year when you have to think about wearing a coat, then add gloves, hat and boots...I learned to love winter when living in Lake Fork, Idaho, as a child...Snow piled deep, drifts covering fences, cold, a bone chilling cold...Rides on a sleigh pulled by our team of "work" horses...Crisp, cold, sun filled days...That was my world...I knew little of the struggles of my parents, snow to shovel, ice to break, animals to feed and shelter...Enough wood  and food for the winter to feed a family, vehicles that wouldn't start...Snow and cold for months on end.

Looking for a little sun to break through this morning...Hugs to all...OWAV:)

Last of the tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment