Thursday, November 21, 2013

Supplements...Yes or No?...10º

I really don't want to get on a rant today but confusion reigns when talking to any doctor...I have age related macular degeneration...Many people do...We get old, body parts wear out...Fact of life when living past 50...(That's when everything started to go to Hell pieces for me.) The conversation starts, "Are you taking your eye vitamins?" as he reads my chart..."Oh no, I see they hurt your stomach." I nod yes and say, "I take lutein." "The latest studies show that you can take lower doses of zinc and still do the same thing, zinc is what causes your stomach to hurt." We have been down this road before and I bite my tongue to keep from saying, "Yes and I could eat a tablespoonful of dirt every day and I might live for 25 more years like my mother did or I might die tomorrow."

I think they mean well, but sometimes I think they have stock in the drug/supplements companies and I dare say that in 5/10 years from now tests will be done and zinc will be causing something besides just  making my stomach hurt...I do know that they do miraculous eye surgeries now, keeping people from loosing their sight as we live longer and somebody had to be a human guinea pig for this to happen...If only we knew what or who to believe...Sorry for the rant...Hugs to all...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment