Monday, November 11, 2013

Good Days...32º

Another day, another load of wood...The sun shone, we worked up a sweat...The shower felt really good...The log deck is shrinking...What started out about a year ago at 12 cords is down to 2 left on the ground, still to be sawed, hauled home and stacked...Over the year Herb did most of it, Rusty and I helped...Herb will unload this morning while I'm getting ready for a different adventure.

Today is shaping up as our last day of sunshine in the foreseeable future...Pat and I have a trip planned to explore the Imnaha...Janie will be our tour guide...Come back tomorrow and read all about it.

Our house this morning is permeated with the smell of garlic...More garlic came our way when Becky mentioned that someone had gifted her with a bunch of fresh garlic and she asked, "How long will it keep?"..."A long time if we dry it." I answered...I had the idea and Herb was willing to clean, peel, slice and dry another batch.

My essay titled "Dumpster Diving Mama" came back from Katey yesterday...I've been writing this for 2 years now and it is (hopefully) in its last stages...Katey asked if I wanted a line-level critique?..Sure "I said."...The reason I flunked "punctuation 101" is now perfectly clear...I didn't show up for the class!..She is hopeful that by her making corrections on the first 10 pages that I will be able to get the idea and clean up the last 15...Wish me luck.

Sun is peaking through a few clouds here on Barton Heights...I must get moving and actually I'm only sore in my arms and diaphragm from splitting and lifting (not a bad feeling)...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment