Monday, November 25, 2013

Pickling lesson....31º

Herb and Rusty were out early, unloading the juniper wood while I made pancakes for breakfast before we started on the pickled garlic.

Rusty had requested pickled garlic this year and I had resisted making it, although I held back some fresh garlic from the dryer, either for gifts or "pickling"...It gave him the chance to do the process start to finish, which is good...He enlisted Herb to help him peel, I got him started with a basic recipe for the brine...Jars, lids and dried dill, brought up from the basement and we were in business...Now the hard part is waiting for them to cure.

Ready for the Brine


Finished Product

Fondant to make this morning, dinner to prep before my stint at the Josephy Center as a docent today, and adding more things to my list to do before Wednesday night...Must get moving because I run out of steam by noon...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment