Thursday, November 20, 2014

27º...Balmy

It's a gray day outside with predictions of snow and freezing rain...On days like these I long for the snowy days of my childhood, growing up in McCall, Idaho...Snow showers in the mountains there, meant we were in for a foot or two of snow and blizzard conditions on any given day...It might let up overnight then start in again the next day adding another foot or so of snow...Roads would be drifted in by then and maybe a ride to school on the bobsleigh, pulled by our team of work horses, named Dick and Bert...Or maybe just a week at home waiting for the county to plow the roads because back in the 50's there were a lot of county roads and very little snow removing equipment...My parents always kept our cellar and freezer full and we had cows and chickens for milk and eggs...Our days were filled with keeping enough wood for the wood stove and paths shoveled to the outbuildings to care for our animals...As a child, I didn't realize how hard my parents worked to sustain our way of life...The snow was but a playground for me as I built snowmen, snow forts or went sledding until I was soaking wet and cold clear through...I knew that a warm house and food was awaiting me.

With it looking very dismal outside I must busy myself with making another batch of fudge or fondant or maybe mixing bread dough...I keep thinking that I should start a sewing project but so far that hasn't happened...I have water therapy this afternoon to look forward to and Herb just said he is making breakfast for us this morning...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

The first batch of fudge this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment