Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pitch Black 6am...40º

Herb and I still seem to be on daylight savings time...Up even earlier and going to bed with the chickens...We both nod off while reading and decide our bed is much more comfortable than the chair and really what difference does it make whether you sit in the dark at night or in the morning.

Yesterday went by in a flash, write people, water therapy, lunch with a friend and a quick trip in and out of safeway for a bag of cranberries...How could I forget the cranberries, when that seems to be Herbs favorite dish at Thanksgiving...Yes we are having a traditional dinner with turkey, dressing, salads, hot rolls, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie...Most years we skip turkey, preferring to have ham or prime rib, but for some reason turkey and dressing leftovers sounded good to me...So I will spend today prepping for tomorrow as I make pie crust, measure ingredients for rolls, slice, dice and chop all the veggies for dressing (bread is already broken and dried) and maybe I will brine the turkey today.

A comment on yesterdays lunch...A new Thai restaurant opened a few months ago in Enterprise and I ate there about a month ago, treated by a friend...I had a noodle dish and it was too sweet for my taste...Yesterday I ordered soup, comes in a huge bowl with white rice on the side, sliced mushrooms floated to the top, onions, celery and chicken hiding in the bottom...It looked good, smelled good but that first taste was sweet!..So CIENNA, is Thai food sweet? or is this just how they make it in the United States?..Please Cienna, be ready when you get home to make traditional Thai food for Oma, they say we can get ingredients in Tri Cities or you can bring them from Portland...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment