Sunday, November 2, 2014

Rainy Day/ Potato Soup...28º

A new recipe for "Potato Soup," on FB caught my eye...Broth, frozen hash browns, can of cream soup, bacon bits and cream cheese...All but the cream cheese went into the crockpot to cook for the day while one was at work...Since I don't work and I find it near impossible to follow a recipe here is what I did...Sent Herb to the store for frozen hash browns and cream cheese....Diced and cooked bacon, added chopped onions, celery, peppers and garlic and sautéed in the dutch oven before adding broth, hash browns and soup, gave it a good stir, covered with the lid and into a 200º oven...Dinner taken care of, rain pouring down outside, I decided it was the perfect time to do the stack of mending I've been putting off until a rainy day.

Four or five hours later Becky arrived for her lesson in making piecrust in my old cuisinart (soon to be hers...)Before we started, I took the dutch oven/potato soup from the oven, added the cream cheese and a little milk, stirred and back in the oven while we make pie crusts.

We all had a bowl of potato soup for dinner (it was okay,) while a pie crust baked in the oven...boxed up the cuisinart and sent Becky on her way with soup for Pam who came home from the coast/Corvallis with a major cold and flu!

Today I will be making pie from "Cinderella Pumpkins" from Corvallis..."Pumpkin Pie" from scratch, guess I better look for a recipe...Would you believe that not one photo was taken yesterday?..Will I ever learn?...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

My attempt at a selfie 



No comments:

Post a Comment