Sunday, November 16, 2014

Single Digits...5º...Official...-2º

It seems early for temperatures this cold, late December and January is more likely for minus temps...Maybe the lake will freeze over this year...We are cozy and warm this morning, using mostly wood heat, for which we are thankful...Several weeks ago as I perused adds in the local FB trading post, a Country wood stove was listed for sale by our neighbor...I mentioned to Herb that he might check it out as I thought it was newer and maybe more efficient than our stove...He made the deal, Rusty and John got it into our basement (it is very, very heavy) and now it is gaily burning away and we are toasty warm...Rusty took our old stove home with him to use in his shop.

Haven't decided what to do today, bake, sew, make candy...Also have a book that I'm reading on my kindle app. on my laptop, and it will expire in 3 days so I need to finish it...So many choices.

I end on a sad note today, just finding out yesterday that my friend Margaret's, great granddaughter was the victim in a tragic car accident on Buford Grade last Monday...She had spent the weekend with her GG and was returning home...Her services will be held next Friday in Lewiston/Clarkston where she lived...I spent time with Margaret yesterday, we talked and reminisced...So little that one can do at a time like this...My heart goes out to my dear friend and all of her family...Hugs and special thoughts are sent their way today....OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment