Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Busy Fall Day...35º

Herb had an early dental appointment, Rusty had plans to start trimming on his elk and the stormy skies caused me to pull on a sweatshirt and gloves as I headed out to the garden...I enlisted Rusty to do the heavy hauling of manure, alfalfa pellets and peat moss...I laid out wafers of straw, making paths to separate the garden into four plots...One where the garlic is already planted, two is where the potatoes will go next spring, three and four will have room for cabbage, beans, cucumbers, carrots, beets, squash and greens...On top of the bare plots I scattered bags of pine needles over the grass clippings and leaves that Herb had already put down...Rusty threw manure, pellets and peat moss over all...I'm still hoping to get a few more leaves to add to the mix, (most of our leaves have blown over the hill)...Before the first snow, cattle fencing panels will be put on top of all this stuff to hold it in place where it will break down over the winter and be ready for spring planting.

Rusty started on his elk and I back in the house put together a pan of lasagna for our dinner...I wrote a note for Herb with baking instructions and made it to write people, late, but had enough time to catch up on everyones writing before water therapy at 12 noon...I joined 10 other people, all doing their own thing as we moved back and forth acrossed the pool stretching and warming up, before floating into the deep end to do bicycle, scissor and helicopter kicks...A final dip in the hot tub before a quick shower, dressed and soon back home...Lasagna, baked squash, garlic bread and vegetable sticks were soon on the table for dinner.

I asked Rusty if he wanted me to help him trim on the elk or make an apple pie?...Warm apple pie with cheese finished off our day...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment