Thursday, November 6, 2014

Bills To Pay...40º

Checkbook to balance, bills to pay, then spent the rest of the morning picking up and cleaning...Spent time on the phone with my sister Bobbie in Oklahoma, she sounded good and we talked non-stop for nearly an hour...I kept Rusty company (and helped a bit) while he carved and trimmed elk and deer meat getting it ready to freeze, make burger or pressure can...Dinner was easy as we ate leftover lasagna, salad and fresh elk steak.

A trip to Safeway where I shopped, grocery list in one hand, calculator in the other...November is the month when turkeys go on sale...This year you have to buy only $35.00 dollars worth to get a turkey for $.69 a pound...Items that don't qualify for the $35.00 are alcohol, cigarette, lottery tickets, perscriptions (I understand these) but also included is all liquid dairy products including some fake dairy, BUT it looks like you can buy all the soda pop and candy that you want to haul home, CRAZY. My purchases included chex cereal to make chex mix for Christmas, chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk and marshmallows for fudge, kleenex tissues, canned pineapple and pumpkin, one bunch of lettuce...Bill came to $36.01, add one 24# turkey total bill was about $53.00...We won't eat this turkey for Thanksgiving but I will can it to put on the cellar shelves...In my head I'm already starting another grocery list and another turkey on sale!

After shopping, I made my 4pm appointment at PT, where Aaron worked on the scar tissue building up in my left knee from the surgery 2 years ago...Maybe with these treatments and WT my knee will finally heal...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment