Sunday, October 25, 2015

Blathering...40º

Almost finished with outside window washing yesterday, it was nearly noon...A buzzing feeling in my bra alerted me to the fact that my iPhone was ringing...Checked the number, expecting another random call from someone I don't know as my phone number had a previous life and the person in that life has really bad credit...Sister, Mona's name was on the phone so of course I answered it with, "Hi 'Moner'...She immediately said, "I didn't forget your birthday, just thought we would have more time to talk on the weekend."..."Likely excuse," I said, the usual sibling banter.

We had a good visit, catching up on kids, the weather, other family news, gardens, canning, cooking and growing older but not dwelling on the aches and pains...My sister Bobbie had called earlier in the week and our conversation went much the same...I keep in touch with sister Loraine through her girls on Facebook chat...Loraine, our oldest sister, resides in a care center, living mostly in the past...Many miles separate all of us, so we follow our Mothers tradition of birthday phone calls, to connect.

I finished up the outside windows, Herb helping with the taller ones, before he ran the lawn mower over grass and leaves, gathering it all into bags to be saved for next spring...He also finished storing deck furniture in a dry place for winter...Today we will move furniture, vacuum corners, knock down cobwebs and wash windows inside the house.

As I write, Herb is doing laundry, building a fire in the basement stove, temp won't get past 60º today, but our house will be nice and warm...I have a dinner planned with friends Margaret and Janice this afternoon, I love spreading out my birthday celebration!..Herb will have one of his favorite dinners of a hamburger, sausage dog or sometimes just a peanut butter sandwich...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

PS...Bobi, following my wishes is always looking for little things for a birthday gift...(I don't need more stuff!) My birthday package was a set of sticky, rubbery hedgehogs, that stick on the sliding glass doors and will hopefully keep people from walking into the glass after a semi annual washing.

Hedgehog (look close)

No comments:

Post a Comment