Monday, October 12, 2015

Cleanup/Gleaning...37º

I "tackled" the two tomato plants yesterday...They were overgrown and tangled together, one a cherry and the other a little larger salad tomato...We have enjoyed the tiny orbs of "burst in your mouth flavor" all summer...Mornings found me grazing the garden, a green bean, small cucumber, handful of peas, maybe a carrrot (dirt wiped off on my pant leg, just like my mother) finished off with super sweet cherry tomatos...Sitting on an overturned crate, using hand pruners, I cut the tomato stems and carefully plucked each tomato, eating only the ones that were split!...I ended up with a small dishpan full and now have them divided up to share with friends and a bowl full of split ones on the kitchen counter for grazing!

Sitting in the garden I could smell pork ribs cooking on the grill, along with a few potatoes from the garden...Dinner time rolled around and the ribs were succulent and tender, just right for gnawing on the bones...Pam came mid afternoon for wine, leftovers and a visit...The deck was sunny and warm, the perfect place for resting after a busy day.

A change in schedule today; Pat and I will do water therapy today and tomorrow we have write group, docent luncheon, (meeting the new docent coordinator) followed by garden clubs last meeting of the year...Fall is a busy time as our activities wind down.

House work, dinner prep is on my agenda this morning, the garden will have to wait until Wednesday...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

PS...thought I got a photo of tomatoes...Maybe later

No comments:

Post a Comment