Sunday, June 10, 2018

Dilemma/Choices...37º

Pam and I joined 15/20 people for the wildflower tour, I think that number of people exceeded the expectations of the "Land Trust."...Many of the people were new to the county or visitors, the others were "old timers, like P and I" but none of "US" born and raised here...(Born and Raised, is a whole other segment in this county).

Hopes were high that the clouds would stay away and the sun would shine  on the Zumwalt Prairie...We opted to take our own car, with the excuse that we had to be home for a BBQ...It was a beautiful drive out Crow Creek, wildflowers putting on quite a show...Our first stop was on "Nature Conservancy property" to read their Kiosk about how the Prairie was formed, what their plan is and rules for visitors to follow...Driving on to Harsin Butte where we would split into two groups, seasoned hikers and people like me, more interested in the flowers...Out of the car, the temp was around 50º, wind chill factor brought it down several degrees, light rain, storm moving closer...Everyone dressed in rain gear, hats/hoods and determined to do this!..The leaders of the group didn't know that cows had been turned into this particular allotment, just days ago...So we not only had to trek with caution because of rocks but also "cow pies," luckily I had my hiking poles...I'm thinking, with my balance issues, I am really out of my element.

I didn't have to make the decision, to stay or not to stay the course, because the call came out, "back to the car's, to a lower elevation and a flat trail."..Arriving back at the kiosk, P and I watched everyone climb out of their cars, tighten their hoods and embark on a hike...It was now raining really hard!...The sandwiches in the cooler bag started calling us...In unison we said, "I'm hungry, lets eat half of our lunch and see if this storm blows over."

The storm didn't blow over, the hikers came back, the Wildflower tour ended...We were dry and warm, tummies full...We watched everyone get back in their cars and speed off...Adventure over.

Back home, I made brownie cup cakes to take to Becky and Johns' BBQ...John's family from Riggins, Idaho were here for the weekend...We visited, ate ribs and chicken, laughed a lot, Herb got the cupcake with a lit candle...It was a very good day...Hugs To All...OWAV:

Brownie bites, very rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment