Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Hot/cold/warm...48º

Yesterday was one of those days where it looks warm outside but a cool wind blows, clouds roll in and out...A light jacket feels good until the clouds move away from the sun...So it is a put-on, take-off kind of day...Finally when I reach for my jacket and realize I left it in the veggie garden, hanging on a post and I'm now acrossed the road, looking down at the river, I give up and just keep working...Also my gloves are no longer on my hands, wonder where I left them?

I had made a quick trip to Enterprise for groceries and a few bedding plants to finish planting pots for the deck...I'm using mostly marigolds this year, not my favorite flower, but they are showy and not a favorite meal for the deer...They frost easily, so I covered them last night but think they will be on their own now.

Herb was outside most of the morning, checking water, keeping the lines cleaned out, a couple of days of dry weather and we will start irrigating...I need to get more hoses in place, in both flower gardens and veggie garden...If you think retirement is all about sitting, doing only what you want to do, then think again, because it is all about moving and doing things that you actually enjoy, that you never thought you would...Enough blathering for one day, hugs to all...OWAV:)

Columbine


Iris

A favorite iris

No comments:

Post a Comment