Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Christmas Spirit...28 deg.


For many years we have celebrated “Holidays” anytime that we were together…Much of the celebrating took place in the kitchen and on the deck, where we tried new recipes, cooked our favorites from years gone by, laughed, played cards, concocted new beverages, toasted each other, and were thankful to be together…Many years we celebrated Christmas in the summer and when the actual day rolled around, I was happy to put up a little fake tree, (that Herb made), and not have the mess of needles, wrapping paper and yes, less  stuff to put away.


Snowmen made by my dear friend, Jane Williams,
given to us, many years ago. 

This year seems different, maybe because of COVID, maybe because of losing Mona, maybe because reality hit as to how old we really are and maybe we should celebrate and be thankful for this year…Maybe that’s why yesterday I found myself upstairs going through boxes of Christmas decorations and hauling “stuff” downstairs…Not even sure why I chose the things I did, except they brought back memories of people, other christmases, made me smile and when we turn on the switch, it all lights up the front porch…I will probably feel less “joyful”, in January 2021, when I’m hauling all this stuff back upstairs or we get another wind storm and it ends up in the neighbors yard…Hugs To All…OWAV:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment