Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Busy days...26deg.

I am still struggling with posting in “blogger.com.”…But am learning to navigate “notes” and get the font big enough to read, get a photo posted along with the blog and come up with something half way interesting to write about.


Yesterday was our first day back to water therapy, after the 2 week Oregon freeze…My mornings are free (WT starts at 12:30) so I try to get as much done as possible and have food prepped or in the crockpot, then I can put dinner on the table quickly when I get home…(between 2&3 is our dinner hour).


My day went something like this…Breakfast is over before 9am and I’m dressed…I made my first batch of fondant (for mint chocolates), poured it to cool on the marble slab and while it was cooling, I peeled, cooked and mashed a pot of potatoes so I can freeze them for meals another day…I scoop 1/2 cup serving on a cookie sheet, flatten with the masher, and freeze…After frozen they are bagged for individual servings and put back in the freezer. (The reason I do this is Herb loves mashed potatoes). It takes no time at all to heat in microwave or in a frying pan..


Potato patties. 

Now the fondant is cool, so I stir, fold and stretch until it sets up, I bag it for later…I put sausages and sauerkraut in the crockpot, change clothes and am ready for the pool…Back home at 2:30, sausages/sauerkraut is ready, I heat mashed potatoes to add for our dinner. (I didn’t freeze all of the potatoes.)


Now it is the next day, fondant is still waiting for me this morning…I will add flavoring and refrigerate…


I’ve been feeding the sourdough and today is bread making day…Hugs To All…OWAV:)



1 comment:

  1. Smart doing ahead some dinner or parts of dinner! My daughter Kayla likes to make her dinners ahead and has challenged me to consider this one of my resolutions for the upcoming year. I think it could save me some time and help me with PORTION CONTROL! lol!!!

    ReplyDelete