Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Quandary...22degs.

I just spent over an hour writing a blog with one finger on my phone and I somehow managed to delete it just as I was going to post… so i will try again.


I tend to overthink things sometimes, trying to cover all the bases…I knew the oven would need to be cleaned up before anyone came to look at it and since Josh wouldn’t be available for awhile I would also look on the internet for parts…I took photos of model/serial numbers and started cleaning on the oven…All 3 racks went into a plastic garbage bag with ammonia to soak and clean for the morning…Of course I managed to poke a hole in the bag and ended up with ammonia all over the basement floor…After reading my blogs, B volunteered J to troubleshoot the oven…I get serious about cleaning the oven.


I found a part on the internet (oven element) but it is out of stock and may take 3 weeks to get it…I go to water therapy, then back home to fix oyster stew for dinner…J arrives after 2 pm and spends a couple of hours testing different things and the element seems to be the problem…I will do more searching for the element on other sites, hoping we can get it sooner.


J leaves and 1/2 hour later Josh calls and is back to work, feeling great and what is my problem?…I relate the problem to him and he thinks he might be able to get an element locally and will be happy to stop by Thursday morning and check everything out.


Now for the quandary, J has just spent 2 hours trouble shooting, seen what a terrible houseskeeper I am and is more than happy to install the part when we get it…Do I tell him I think I have a better offer?..On the other hand if we get the part sooner, J will soon be the recipient of warm loaves of bread, instead of waiting 3 weeks.


John seemed okay when I told him that maybe he was off the hook, I think we are still friends…Hugs To All…OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment