Sunday, December 6, 2020

December on Barton Heights

 Back to regular blog posts, with occasional family memories thrown in.

We’ve had about a week of cold, sunny days here in Wallowa County, these are the winter days we live for and enjoy…After our early November storm with nasty winds, snow and then rain, our windows were plastered with dirt and grime…Not wanting to have that ruin our beautiful view, for the rest of the winter, I got out the window washing sponges, sponge mop with long handle, a big squeegee and concentrated cleaner and went to work.

I worked in shirt sleeves, temp was about 40º in the sun and I worked fast…I certainly wasn’t cold…Years ago I hated washing windows and especially our big picture windows and sliding glass doors…I tried all of the hints at the time, using different mixtures, drying with paper towel and newspaper, they always came out streaked and I was totally exhausted…On our only cross country trip in 1995, we stopped at many of the large rest areas and at each one, a man would be standing on scaffolding, washing the endless windows...He had a bucket of sudzy water, a sponge applicator and a big squeegee, no paper towels, no newspaper…I wondered, can I do that?


When we got home from that trip, I went shopping and found good squeegees, a sponge floor mop and concentrated window washing liquid…Now with Herbs help, we can wash the windows in record time…They won’t pass inspection of a professional window washer but  they are clean enough and only have streaks when the sun hits just right...Hugs to all.  OWAV:) 





No comments:

Post a Comment