Thursday, December 10, 2020

Therapy Day...18deg.

Yesterday was a therapy day for me…No I didn’t have water therapy or acupuncture, but I played in the dough, most of the day…It was an extra big batch of dough, so I let the Bosch mixer do the kneading and then about every hour I did stretches and folds, over and over…I have learned to trust my sourdough starter, so added no yeast…The more stretches and folds, the lighter and puffier my dough became.  


About noon, I decided to make pizza for dinner…The small ball of dough stretched nicely into a misshapen crust (that’s okay, pizza doesn’t have to be round)…I covered the crust with heavy cream and dotted it with roasted tomatoes, then put it aside to rest, while I sautéed chunks of sausage and chicken thighs…This was a two-sided pizza, one for Herb and one for me…Then I diced olives, onions, red pepper and sliced artichoke hearts and grated cheese…It is up to you to decide where I put what.



As I was doing the pizza, I continued to stretch and fold the dough, before finally shaping into loaves, some in pans, others in free form…Also made a few buns for sandwiches or burgers…Working with the dough is my therapy…Hugs To All…OWAV:)



The smell was heavenly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment