Sunday, December 13, 2020

Unexpected shopping...17 deg.

Enlarge to read

Out our front window 

 The first thing on my list yesterday was “dipping chocolates,” mint and rum flavored fondant waited in the fridge…I took a class in “chocolates” (think See’s chocolates only better) almost 50 years ago, and haven’t missed many years, since then, practicing this skill…Almost always at Christmas time…The most important thing I learned in that class was, when making any kind of candy, “buy the best candy thermometer and before using it, test it in boiling water to see if it boils water at 212 deg, then adjust the recipe accordingly, for your altitude and possibly the thermometer is not accurate. 


My chocolate dipping was interrupted about noon, when Pam and Becky stopped by and insisted that I go bazaar shopping with them and to bring us a vacuum. (I’ll write about vacuums tomorrow)…Of course we were only going to be gone a few minutes…Three hours later when I returned home, it was passed our dinner time and I didn’t feel like cooking…Needless to say, nothing had been put in the crockpot.


As usual when this happens I started looking in the fridge and freezer, I found hard boiled eggs, for sandwiches and frozen tomato soup, perfect for dinner on a cold winter day.


I bought a new sign for our front porch, since my “moon and sun,” got blown off and broken in the last wind storm…Hugs To All…OWAV:)



No comments:

Post a Comment