Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Memories to make you smile

 When dipping chocolates, I always have some melted chocolate left when I dip the last ball of fondant…It is too good to waste, I could always remelt it and add it to the next batch, but instead I always have peanuts or mixed nuts on hand…So I mix a few nut into the melted chocolate and dip them out to make small nut clusters…Sometimes I only get a few and other times I purposely add more chocolate, melt it and make a bunch of clusters, because I’ve found that some people, like these almost as much as the chocolates...They are simple to make and bring smiles to faces.

I remember many years ago, growing up on a small farm in Lake Fork, Idaho in the 50’s, peanut clusters brought smiles to the faces of my family…My family shopped locally, back then, at the small grocery store, that was also the post office and community gathering place, with its wood burning stove…It was common then to have a charge account and pay for a months groceries at the end of each month…If you paid the bill in full, you could choose a small bag of candy from the assorted bags as a bonus…I have no idea what the choices were, but Daddy always came home with peanut clusters...That always made us smile….Hugs To All…OWAV:)


Homemade nut clusters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment