Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Cooler day, yummy dinner...53º

 House cleaning, watering in the morning, lazy afternoon...I've been looking at different breads lately, especially one that I can cook and not heat up the kitchen...Naan keeps coming up, a quick yeast dough, that can either be baked, or cooked on top of the stove in a cast iron pan...We had leftover tri tip from Sunday, sliced thin, it would make a perfect filling for a sandwich or a wrap

The small batch of dough came together quickly, was soon double in size, and very stretchable, fun to work with...Cut into 8 "equal" pieces and rolled into 8 inch circles?..My circles were misshapen, oblong, triangles, sort of butterfly shape anything but round...While I played with the dough and a very hot cast iron frying pan, Rusty sliced the tri tip, and chopped onions, tomatoes and lettuce...Rusty had a naan slathered with blue cheese dressing and covered with meat and "salad" rolled into a wrap, and half eaten before I got my sandwich put together.

I think this recipe is a keeper and today we might have naan breakfast sandwiches, or dinner tacos, or  pizza or we might freeze them for another day, although I doubt it!..We have to do something with the rest of the tri tip...Hugs To All...OWAV:) 

Slathered with blue cheese dressing.

oops forgot the lettuce?

Ready for the first bite!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment