Sunday, July 9, 2023

Replenished My Heart...e

 Yesterday was full of sunshine, laughter, love, caring and hugs...I knew that Sue and Cindy were coming for a visit and was surprised when they arrived, bringing Diane as well.

Sue and Diane are two of my brother's, six girls...I baby sat them for all of my teenage years and have loved them forever...They bring sunshine into my life whenever we meet, and I remember how Herbs' eyes would light up when I said their names, after a phone call saying, "I/We are coming for a visit." 

Yesterday we wandered the garden, gathered seeds, cut dill and grape leaves, ate strawberries right off the vine and talked about growing things, sharing ideas about what works best in a garden/in life...We all share a love of nurturing, whether it be plants, animals or children.

We drove, Cindy at the wheel,  to the lake for lunch and on the way, the three girls reminisced about the times, growing up in La Grande, when they had come to Wallowa Lake, to swim, water ski, ride the gondola, go carts, paddle boats, sometime on school excursions, and other times as teenagers, getting out of La Grande for the day!

Home from the lake we relaxed on the deck, me not wanting it to end...The seven hours that they were here flew by...I climbed into bed after 9pm (late for me) exhausted, not from work, but from laughter that made my belly hurt!..Thanks ladies for a beautiful day...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Sue, Diane, Aunt Della

Cilantro flourishes

No comments:

Post a Comment