Wednesday, March 2, 2011

OWAV:) 03/02/11, 6am, 45°, Clear

Mornin all!!  Went to the new Peoria library yesterday morning and perused the used book shelves, provided by "friends of the library".   Books are priced at fifty cents to two dollars, with a donation box for the money.   It is a beautiful sun-lit building, the roof is mostly glass. 

Spent a leisurely time yesterday, sitting in the sun, poolside.  We watched a family with four little ones play on the slide.  What fun they had and their energy is amazing.  They never stopped running,  ever up the steep stairs to the top of the slide for another trip down, with a splash into the water at the end, around and around they went.  It reminds me of Cienna and her love for the water.  I think she was born a fish, with a human body.  She has loved the water since before she could walk, and I have always been amazed at her comfort level in and around the water.

We had deer steak, mashed potatoes and salad for dinner and finished off the lemon cake last evening.  I caught up my scrabble games and did a video chat with Bobi.  Lots of rain in Portland.

I had taken some of the lemon cake to the people (workers) at the reception desk, yesterday.  Have made friends with Jamie, in particular, and Lacy, Malachi, Virginia and E Chin.  Their job, keeping customers happy, is very intense and demanding at times.  Phones constantly ringing, customers arriving and or checking out, they are listening to the phone, working on the computer and talking all at the same time.  

Yesterday, when I walked in Jamie had something to show me.  Nestled in a five gallon bucket were five baby jack rabbits, eyes open, I would guess about four weeks old.  The nest was found in a horse trailer, "In a pile of do-do Jamie said," over by the corrals.   (They have pony rides, horseback riding and lessons offered here at the resort).  The horse trailer was going to be moved, so the cowboy brought the babies into Jamie, who would take them home to feed with an eye dropper until she could take them to animal rescue.  In my mind I questioned this process.  Would it be better to move the nest out of the trailer but leave it in the vicinity for the Mom to maybe find the babies?  I don't know, nor do I know their chance of survival now.   Anyway Jamie has an eleven month old baby at home and is an extremely kind and caring person, so I will keep you posted on the "rabbit saga".

We had headed for the Arizona Desert Botanical Gardens this morning, more later.   OWAV:)
I'm in the office right now visiting with people from Minnesota and Canada, it is -40 in Canada and Minnesota has four feet of snow.  These people are headed for the Grand Canyon this morning on a tour, think they will have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment