Saturday, March 26, 2011

OWAV:) 03/26/11, 5am, 24°, Birds Singing.

Yesterday was kind of a lost day for me, as it usually takes me a couple of days to get on track and back in my groove, after spring break.  I mostly wasted time playing "Angry Birds" and "Scrabble" on the computer.  I did start on sorority stuff for Founders Day.

Herb and Rusty have been cleaning up the metal siding from our lean-to and will haul it to the dump on Saturday.  Herb went to Enterprise to buy fencing so our garden fence and neighboring fence (after the barn removal) can be repaired.  Since Rusty is staying, we will get his help with as many jobs as possible.  This keeping up with the neighbors is getting pretty tough and we will be lucky to just keep our place looking neat, but not a show place.

This spring we bought a tiny greenhouse that will fit nicely on our deck and I'm hoping to start a few bedding plants for my planter boxes and flower gardens.  Rusty assembled it and reinforced it, then attached it to the deck without using a bunch of screws to hold it in place. (we hope it won't blow away).  We put a thermometer in, reading 40° and within two hours it was up to 100°.  I'm sure by this morning it is down to 24°.  Tossing around ideas about keeping it somewhat warm at night during April and May.  I will put gallon jugs full of water on the bottom shelf to retain some of the daytime heat and add a heating pad that can be plugged in at night, maybe that will keep it above freezing.  As in other years I may end up buying bedding plants, but will give this a try.  It seems that my "planting genes" kick in before the weather is warm enough, so maybe this will give me some early satisfaction??

I fixed comfort food for dinner, macaroni and cheese and deer steak.  Today I must do something with leftovers in the fridge and think about food for the next few days.  Seems like a good time to make soup or another pot of beans.  The sun is hitting Ruby Peak, time to get moving.  OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment